The TCS3200 Colour Sensor Module uses a high quality light sensor allowing you to sense any colour through a combination of Red, Green and Blue.
The module provides all of the pins of the TCS3200 on convenient 0.1″ headers – ideal for use with PCBs, breadboard or stripboard.
Four white LEDs provide plenty of light for the colour sensor and allow you to use the module in any ambient light.
The module requires only a single supply voltage between 2.7V and 5.5V – making it compatible with nearly all common microcontrollers, including PICs, AVRs, ARM, Arduino and more!
The pin out is clearly labelled on the board and is as follows:
Header one on the left side of the board:
- S0: Output frequency scaling selection input (along with S1)
- S1: Output frequency scaling selection input (along with S0)
- OE: Output Enable – if held low, the output of the module is turned on
- GND: Ground – connect to 0V
Header two on the right side of the board:
- S3: Photodiode type (along with S2)
- S2: Photodiode type (along with S3)
- OUT: Output – A square wave appears here showing the intensity of the detected colour
- VCC: Power – connect to 2.7V-5.5V
The Photodiode type pins allow you to pick which colour light you are currently detecting:
|Low||Low||Only red light|
|Low||High||Only blue light|
|High||High||Only green light|